12/12 (Final Thoughts)

This project was definitely out of my comfort zone as I have no experience with any robotics or javascript, but it was definetly interesting and constantly sparked my curiosity.  Switching back and forth from the MakeCode blocks and javascript was beneficial for me because even though the blocks were way easier to implement and move…

12/11 progress (finalizing project)

After many iterations of our codes and trial and errors today we’ve all reached a point of satisfaction for our artbots. All though there is some glitches like with the shaking action which takes some time to work (if it ends up working). I ended up adding the light sensor functionality after Ben’s suggestion the…

12/09 progress (implementing radio)

Today we were trying to get the hang of the micro.bit controller we are using as a radio. We at first just tested it doing something simple like “press A and it moves”. After we all got that down we each worked individually on doing something more creative with our gigglebots such as tilting it…

12/07 – progress (distance sensors)

During lab today we progressed a lot by figuring out the distance sensors. It did take some time to figure it out because there were no instructions or tutorials online. We eventually just worked through it and got it to work. We were also trying to solidify each of our artbots patterns because we still…

12/02 – progress

Today we met and started making basic geometric shapes and trying to get the hang of make code.  I started trying to make zig zags with my gigglebot because we all are doing different shapes in hopes of when it comes together we can create one piece that is cohesive. We also started working with…

11/29 – progress

Our project that we will be doing is making art bots. Although we have all these ideas on what we want the bots to draw or how we want the bots to look it’s also important to keep in mind the design and making it with all users in mind. Focusing on user experience when…